Thursday, May 5, 2011

Special Gifts

My mom called me Sunday night to share a note that she had found in her Bible from many years ago.  It was a note she had received while she was pregnant with me that had several verses on it that had been given to her by my godmother Marcy (who passed away last summer). 

This is so special because Marcy was a trained birth instructor and she was also my mom's spiritual guide. My mom and I have talked a lot about my desire to have a natural labor with Olivia and that I'm sad I don't get to just call Marcy up and ask for her help and advice, so she knew that these verses would mean a lot to me. :)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Phil 4:13

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:19
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.

Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
I feel so blessed and empowered through these verses!

No comments:

Post a Comment