Thursday, July 1, 2010

Quote for Marcy

Marcy's funeral just finished in OKC. My dad texted to say it was a beautiful service and that my mom had already requested a DVD copy of it for me. 

I was thinking just a little while ago about a quote that had been printed on the back of a program from the funeral of a wonderful friend of my parents' and Marcy's.  I know that Billie K. and Marcy are partying it up in heaven and they feel that this is the most fitting of quotes for how they wanted to live. :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely
in an attractive and well preserved body,
But rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO what a ride!"

-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment