Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cloth Diapers, I like them!

We've been cloth diapering Olivia for a few months now and I'm happy to report that I really like it. It's definitely the best way for us to diaper Miss O.  

We have 12 diapers that we use on a day-to-day basis. Nine of them were gifts from Russ' grandfather (my mother-in-law had a lot to do with this gift) and three of them were purchased on sale online from I'm not sure which discount website.... (maybe Totsy, Baby Half Off or Zulily. These are also good places to find cute kiddo clothes that aren't super mainstream for anyone who's interested). 

We use Fuzzibunz and Katydid all-in-one diapers (translation, these diapers adjust to fit her as she grows). Fuzzibunz are a much trimmer fit but both types of diapers hold in the messy stuff beautifully!


Washing them has never been a problem. Yes, I wash them in the same washing machine that I then wash all of our clothes in.... Totally not a big deal and everything comes out quite clean. Surprisingly, you have to be very careful to not use too much soap on the diapers. 

*We can classify that piece of information under stuff that I never would have thought of before having a child.

Moral of the story: Cloth diapers are awesome! They save us tons of moolah and I feel good about the material that is touching Olivia's bum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment