Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend Recap: Albuquerque, Cyclocross and Bodies...

This last Saturday, Russ and I went to Albuquerque for a cyclocross workshop that Russ wanted to do...


AND since he had me up at 5 am to leave by 6 am for Albuquerque, I got a chicken biscuit from McDonald's! It was a very, very important part of my morning. :)


Russ wants to do cyclocross because it's a great way to work on his handling skills on the bike.  

From my vantage point in the truck, I watched all the folks practice jumping on and off their bikes in order to get around obstacles on the path. It looked like a lot of work and I was glad to be reading my book and talking to my Daddy on the phone in the shade. :)


After the cyclocross workshop, we grabbed some lunch at Fuddruckers (delish) and went into downtown Albuquerque to go to the Bodies Exhibit.


I had super high expectations for this exhibit because my Nana had been to see it in Dallas and was really impressed but I think we got the miniature version and it didn't quite live up to my expectations.... bummer. It was still interesting to see the bodies, veins, nerves, etc. (I loved anatomy in high school.)
 
Maybe I'll see the full version someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment